This is a feature story...on my husband Tyler. I don't think I ever love him more than when I see this picture of him...his pudgy little hands are posed so good! Who would have thought this chubby little guy would grow up to be obsessed with motorcycles? That's exactly what happened :)

So we did make it back from Pittsburgh, despite having not posted anything in over a month! Things have been really busy, but really fun. Especially fun and less busy for one Mr. Williams--Ty's already been on three motorcycle trips, as well as a "business" trip to Orlando. I'm so glad he's been able to do some fun things now that his exhausting summer is over. He went on a quick trip to Vegas with his dad right after we got home (which was, justifiably, a business trip:), then he and his dad took a touring ride up through Northern Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. They were able to drive through parts of Yellowstone Park, and Jackson Hole; and Ty said it was the prettiest ride he'd ever been on, although it was freezing! Then, this past weekend, Ty and his longtime friend Jeremy from Seattle went down to Las Vegas for Bike Week. It was a quick trip, but they got to see a whole lot of motorcycle stuff crammed into just a couple days! And props to Jeremy who drove all the way from Seattle and back--all by himself!!
Tyler and Len heading out on their trip. Ty rented the lovely maroon bagger he's on...after a year of riding his Harley he's finally accepted that it is not comfortable for long distance trips! This one was much better!
Ty and Len at a scenic stop (Ty's pretty sure that's the Jordan River behind them...)
My biker babe...
Ty and his dad's bike in the barren desert... Ty resting at their lunch stop, "Pickle's Place"
Len's excitement at arriving at Yellowstone Park :) Ty and his dad pulled up to this "yellowstone park" and were quite disappointed. Apparently there's a difference between Yellowstone Park, and the West Yellowstone Town Park. They were relieved upon finding the real park, which was much larger :) Very funny...
The dudes in front of the Teton Mountains. I'm glad Len is always up for a good bike ride with Ty...he spends every Sunday in the summer looking forward to it! Thanks Len!
So Ty got home, and we had about a week together, and then Jeremy came to stay (who Ty has called "Stinky" every since they were little, although I haven't been able to pin down why...) Here are Ty and Stinky outside out house ready to take off. Ty's on the right, in case you can't tell by all the black :)
Heading off to Vegas!
Ty and Jeremy did a Poker Run when they got to Vegas, which Ty dubbed "the most unscenic poker run ever", this was their first stop.
Ty and Stinky at the Bike Week Convention Center...so many motorcycles!!!!
That's right...they stayed at the Golden Nugget. Classic biker style. This is at a cool night club they had overlooking the hotel.
Ty and Stinky being very unsafe on their trip. Taking pictures while driving...not a good idea! I really am glad Ty's been able to do some fun things after how hard he worked this summer, but I'll be honest...I'm even more glad that he's home with me now!!!


8 comments:
oh my gosh!! You are like a saint!! I'm so glad Ty is home now... I missed him just reading all of that!:) How fun! We love you and miss you guys!
staci i miss you!!!! please lets get together soon you need to meet Elsie
That pudgy widdle picture is hands down my favorite picture of Tyler, ever. Well, except for the one of his cheeks after jaw surgery.
Ok I love that picture of ty! His little chubby cheeks are to die for! Just think that's what your little boy will look like :)
how fun! i love the baby pic! with no kids you need to take advantage and jump on the back for some of these road trips :)
It was great to see you on Saturday! Wish we had more time to talk between all the craziness! :) I'm glad Ty had some serious down time after a crazy summer. I nominate you for wife of the year for cheerily sending him off each time! :) (And it's about time for a new post! I check all the time!)
sorry to add another comment, but Jason Mraz was on Ellen today and he reminded me SOOOO MUCH of Tyler. Hopefully that's not a bad thing... I personally LOVE Jason Mraz and think he's adorable... not that I'm hitting on your husband:) Miss you guys. Come visit us in NYC! We'd love to have you guys!
ps.. this is actually Erin ... Colby.. not sure why it signed as Jordan:)
Post a Comment