Sunday, May 25, 2008

Haunted PA


So we found out just recently that Canonsburg is haunted...or may as well be.  There's an old abandoned prep school turned mental hospital right by our apartments that is all boarded up.  Thanks to some of the wives killer researching skills, we found out that there is a childrens cemetary on the property where 35 kids who died while living in the hospital are buried.  As though that's not creepy enough, the main building is where the cell scene from Silence of the Lambs was filmed, (I've never seen it or else I would give more description, but now I'm insanely interested in it)...So some of the crazier girls out here (Rachel Rad...) have gone there at night and ended up completely terrified, or her husband did at least; but we decided to go there during the day and take some pictures.  It was really cool, and lucky for me it wasn't scary at all.  The buildings are really amazing and beautiful, not to mention run down and asbestos filled...(kind of creepy, we actually found an asbestos report right outside the front building).  Anyways, here are some pictures from the adventure, the one above with Katie, myself, and Nat is in front of the building where Silence of the Lambs was filmed.

As soon as we got there Rachel and Kaitlyn decided to climb down some cellar that led to a door, that you can't see because the pictures too dark.  At this point we were all jittery and I couldn't believe they were going down there, but they came out unscathed...
From left: Kaitlyn, Rachel, and Vanessa; climbed up a dark staircase to get this balcony shot, while Katie, Natalie, and I waited patiently downstairs in the light...
All of us except for Natalie in front of one of the main buildings.  From left: Katie, Rachel, Kaitlyn, me, and Vanessa.  You'll notice the white Asbestos report Katie, (our resident medical expert) was reading the whole time we walked around the grounds! :)
This kind of gives an idea of how old and ornate most of the stuff in the buildings was.  You can see the beautiful ceiling that was now exposed since the ceiling has fallen off...
We had tons of fun, I actually already want to go again!  Maybe at night this time...

2 comments:

Jennie said...

you guys are super brave! I love it! I just found you on Cindy's blog! I'm excited you're blogging ;) now we can keep up with you guys out there! I love the new hairdo and car! You guys look great! Love ya!

Hild Family said...

That looks like lots of fun, but super scary at the same time. I don't know if I'd be as brave as you. Glad to hear you're having fun.