Monday, August 9, 2010

If You Have a Lot of Time on Your Hands...

Then you can read/look at the longest post ever created, with possibly the most pictures ever also. Rocco and I were able to go to Utah for a visit a couple weeks ago and we had a great time with family, friends, and Cafe Rio. Enjoy!!
We did so much, and I took so many pictures, so I just tried to kind of organize it in chronological order. Kind of. With Random Rocco's scattered here and there...

*Swimming*
The first day we got there we went swimming at my brother Brett's house, and proceeded to spend a lot of time swimming while we were there--Rocco's so cute in the pool!

Rocco and Krew becoming reacquainted

Cuz Aidan doing such a good job holding Rocco

Cuz Syd doing such a good job too :)

Rocco and me floating around. He wasn't a huge fan of the floatie...he couldn't figure out why he was in the pool but couldn't touch the water!

(Rocco)

The girls all took Faith out to lunch for a little baby shower get together, but this is the only picture I got. It's significant though because it was Rocco's first time in a high chair...something that has drastically changed my eating out experiences for the better!!!

Monday
*6 month pictures*
Rocco got his 6 months. Which I'm absolutely in love with. If you haven't seen them, and would like to. By all means. Check them out.

Tuesday
*Trace and Lisa's Reception*


My cousin Trace and his new wife Lisa had their wedding reception in my parents backyard while we were there. It was beautiful, and so fun to see a lot of relatives I hadn't seen forever. I didn't get many pics, but there's ^ the bride and groom!

Baby Swap!

Rocco enjoying the party :)

Me, Rocco, Mom, and Dad as the reception was winding down

Wednesday
*Rocco's 6 month Dr Appt*

While waiting for the doctor, Rocco sat in his diapy on the exam table and clenched his little fists and screamed his little heart out! It was like he thought he was on a roller coaster ride at Lagoon--he was having so much fun. It was absolutely hilarious!


All was well at the appt--Rocco's in the 50th percentile for everything (weight, head, length). Unfortunately they don't have a scale of measurement for leg girth, because he would be off the charts on that!!

Thursday
*London Marie Bell*

Faith was induced Thursday (5 days overdue!!) and London arrived that afternoon! Such a sweet little baby, it was so great to be able to be there to meet her!!

Some random pics from her first week or so:



Faith and her two girls! London & Destiny


No London's not in this picture...but look at that smile!!!


Really makes me realize my baby's not a baby anymore :( London refused to look at the camera

(Rocco)

Hi.





Got a new hat :)

Friday
*24th of July Celebration*

Rocco loves holidays. So do I. And I got to have my Dad's dutch oven dinner for the first time in forever (he only does it in the summers), so this one was especially fabulous!!

The attendees:
Brett & Jill (kids were busy playing)
Rocco acting as a "stand in" kid for Uncle B

I love this picture of my brother Marc and his baby Krew

Add the momma to the pic. Ash :)

Dad & Mom

Rocco & Me

Saturday
*Lola's Birthday Party*

Miss Lola Claire, Ty's little sister's baby girl, turned one, and I'm so glad I was able to be there for her birthday party! Only a question of a last minute flight change and extending my trip by two days--well worth it!!

Rocco smiling so good with his Grandpa!

A couple attempts at a Williams grandkid photo--Lola and Chloe were too interested in Lola's new toys, and Rocco was pretty concerned about understanding how the female mind works. He gave up--inconceivable he said.

Me and Rocco with Rach--and while it's hard to believe considering how itty bitty that tummy looks, Rach went in to labor 3 days after this picture!!!

So glad we got to see the Williams side while we were there! Thanks for having a birthday Lola! :)

(A brief interlude for Rocco and Krew)
As anyone who has kids near the age of a siblings kids can tell you...there's nothing more fun when you get together than to sit them by each other and look at them. So fun :) Krew and Rocco are 6 weeks apart, and I believe it's only the beginning of a lot of sitting them by each other to come...

6 weeks doesn't sound like a lot...but they're still little enough that it seems like a lot! Thanks for my cool shirt Aunt Ash!

Ty & Marc
Or Rocco & Krew :)

This picture cracks me up every time :)

One of the best things about this age is we're constantly trying to get them to play together...but they hardly notice each other at all. So funny. Rocco thought someone was funny in this picture too...

Play date at Krew's! Syd is such a good big sister :)

*Randoms*

Such a smiley boy at church

Destiny and Rocco hanging with their favorite guy. Grandpa.

Maybe a favorite because he lets Rocco drink his Pepsi?

I got to see Jessie while I was home...so fun. Destiny really wanted to be in this picture :)

Swingin...

I had long hair for a week of my trip...but didn't get any worth while pictures of it. Kind of fun.

It was so nice to spend time with family and friends and meet London! Rocco was an angel baby on the trip, and developed so much personality while we were there it was so fun!

Who would have thought, the day after I went home...

This little guy would arrive!!! Jordan and Rachel's darling little boy, Asher Brock Williams

So sad I wasn't there to meet him, we can't wait to get to!!!!

4 comments:

Rach Williams said...

I read every word of this post and enjoyed it. It's too bad that you referenced ahead of time that, "if you have nothing else to do..." Haha, my life exactly :) Cute post! I cannot believe all that you accomplished in the few short days that you were in Utah. You do a lot if damage and fast, haha. I'm so excited for you guys to get home!! We've gotta play lots once you get home because single parenthood isn't as fun as it'd seems... On second thought, it doesn't seem fun at all. Thanks for taking care of Jord in my absence.

Allison said...

Yes I have plenty of time on my hands :) It was so nice to see you guys! Rocco really does have the chubbiest legs I've ever seen so cute!!

Natalie said...

Loved the post! I too like Rach have way too much time on my hands and nothing else to do...but I would have read it anyway!
Rocco is so stinkin cute and getting so big! Can't wait till you guys get home.
And love the long hair! Brings me back to the days when I first met you! Extensions? How come you took those out?!

kara said...

Thanks for you sweet comment! It looks likes you've had a fun fun summer. Your Rocco is so darling. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow!?! Little Asher is so cute. Congrats on a new nephew. So fun to have your family grow, isn't it?