Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Big Apple...Belatedly...

Ty and I and some friends (Kev, Rach, and Omar) rode the fabulous Bolt Bus down to New York a couple Sundays ago and met up with Chase, and Jordan and Rachel in the city. It was a quick day, but tons of fun!


Couples photos in Times Square right after we got there...Ty and me and Chase and Omar...Who makes a better looking couple??

The boys...right after we got off the bus and Chase met up with us L-R Omar, Kev, Chase, Ty

Plus two girls. L-R Rach, Kev, Chase, Omar, Ty, me

We made our way to Central Park and met up with Jord and Rach...

The girls in the park...Rach, me, Rach

Ty and me...we spent most of our day in Central Park because the weather was gorgeous and there were plenty of people doing bizarre things to keep us entertained...

Off to see the city...
Later on in the day we migrated over to another park full of more entertaining people. Chase and Ty...

We had a great day hanging out with our long lost New Jersey friends, and relaxing. If you can't see very clearly behind Tyler, a water slaughter is going on. For those of you who have never seen a water slaughter, and I'll admit this was my first, it consists of a large group of gothic individuals completely garbed in heavy black clothing having a water fight with large plastic squirt guns in the middle of the park. Oh and some fully clothed swimming in the fountain is a must. Very entertaining...

Last but not least, our celebrity sighting in Penn Station. Rainn Wilson from the office. Dwight Shrute in the flesh. As you can see I am very good at keeping my cool in the presence of celebs...


9 comments:

Natalie said...

Looks like such a fun trip! I never get to see celebrities, I would have wanted to ask for an autograph but wouldn't of had the guts!
HOpe you had a great time with your parents!
Can't wait to see you guys and your cute belly in a couple weeks!
How's the house?

Natalie said...

Oh and I forgot to tell you that I totally miss hanging out, especially on days like today where Cafe Rio sounds amazing and no one appreciates it as much as you do :)

becca said...

glad you had fun in nyc.

i did like that book (i actually haven't finished it yet). i haven't ever read a book like it. although it's not quite a memoir, it's very insightful into what addiction and rehab are like. i'm interested to know what you thought of it...?

Karen said...

hahaha I love your celebrity sighting picture and your commentary! NYC looks beautiful. I love the sunnyiness! Still waiting for your little belly to pop through

H and E said...

Wow it has been a long time since I have been to NEW YORk but that looks so fun! I am glad you guys were able to get away for a day. I am personally jealous I missed the goth water fight, I am sure that was pure entertaining people watching!

Kev+Rach said...

Hmmm, some of these pictures look mildly familiar.

Kev+Rach said...

Oh I'll teach you to steal pictures.

Jay and Haley said...

I think you look very calm and collected. Well played.

Rach Williams said...

Thanks again for coming. It's totally our turn and I am working on Jordan constantly to come down there. Hmmm... I'll let you know if I get a break though. Oh, and PS, I dyed my hair brown again. I couldn't do the blonde anymore. You of all people would understand my desire to change my hair colour often ;)