Happy late 4th of July! My 4th celebration started the Saturday before at the Braintree Carnival, where I had an absurd amount of fun:
The girls at the fair after watching the parade, I guess it would be called a parade but it mostly consisted of fire trucks honking their very loud horns. L-R Vanessa & Chloe, Erin & Ben, Rach, me.
All I had been thinking about all morning was eating a hot dog...and it was every bit as good as I'd hoped!
Rachel is going to hate me for putting this picture, but if you haven't ever had a fried Oreo they are divine!
Erin and Ben looking cute...
I was so excited to ride these swings! I was imagining they'd be just like the swings ride at Lagoon, which I love! Vanessa took our picture in line with all the little kids (the adults were simply helping their little kids get on, and glaring at Rach and I thinking we were going to ruin their children's experience)
As the ride was starting I told Rach it was the most fun I'd had in a long time, to which she replied that that was either great, or really sad. I tried not to think too much about what that said about my adventure level of late. And, sadly enough, the ride made us insanely sick, my head was spinning for the rest of the day. I wish I'd gotten more pictures, but we had tons of fun!
On the actual 4th, a week later, I didn't do much during the day, but went and picked up 70 burritos from Chipotle for the guys to eat after they got off work, and then headed out to the beach to meet them. I think I made best friends for life with the workers at Chipotle that day, so it was great :)
Me, Rach, and Ashley eating our Chipotle and waiting for the rest of the guys to get there. The weather was beautiful for a change, which was great!
This isn't all of the girls that were there, but the rest were too busy eating to get in the pic, so here's some of us! L-R Chelsea (who we're so glad is back out here from Utah!), Jessica, Kelsie, me, Rach, and Ashley
Neal had the coolest kite ever...
I love the ocean in the background of this pic, and Stephan looks like he's taking the kite flying very seriously
The weather was nice, and it was sunny, but the water was still absolutely freezing. Of course, the Radebaughs braved it and swam around forever...with their little nephew Cole. I think this is the most precious picture ever!
It is next to IMPOSSIBLE for me to get Ty to take a normal picture, so here are the best I got! In all fairness to Ty, they're really bad of me too...
It's funny because if you look closely you can see Rach and Kev playing in the water behind us...back to that adventure level thing. I was posing while they were frolicking in the surf...
A few of the girls had done really cute face painting for the 4th (which had been my dream the week before at the fair), so here are Michelle and Vanessa displaying their cute faces (and Vanessa's cute nails!)
Chloe's darling 4th of July shirt...she laughs so much, and I was trying to get a picture of her big smile but I just missed it! At least I finally got one from Ty...
We played some Ultimate Frisbee...I never touched the frisbee but it was still fun. This was taken on Jessica's nice camera, and it's crazy how much brighter and clearer it looks!
There was a crazy wrestling match between Chad (fully clothed) and some of the techs trying to pull him into the water, but of course I only managed to grab my camera after they'd soaked him...it was fun to watch though! :)
Some of the boys playing football in the freezing water...you can see Chad gave in and played fully clothed!
This isn't a good picture, but it shows how the beach kind of curves around up ahead--we
walked to the other end of it and got to see a bunch of huge firework shows up and down the
coast, it was really cool! I hope everyone else had a great 4th!!
3 comments:
They have deep fried oreos here at the Stampede and my friend ate one and was telling how good it was and I woudn't believe her, but maybe after your appproval too I will believe her!
looks like you guys had a fun holiday!
Looks like a great 4th! I keep hoping to see a little belly bump :) Ty said you got to see the babe on an ultrasound, So fun!
I think I look great with my fried oreo. What I don't approve of is how there is not one, but TWO pictures of my swimsuitied bumm in this line up of photos. I'm going to get you back, just wait.
Post a Comment