Thursday, May 28, 2009

Babies take on Boston and other Fun Tales...

I haven't had a chance to post much since we've been out here, but Boston is great!  We love where we're living, and the city we're in has everything we need really close by.  The boys are doing great, and the only thing I would change is I need some more pool-going weather!  We've had a couple really nice days since we've been here, but all in all it's been pretty chilly.  As soon as it warms up it will be perfect!  Here are a few of the things we've been able to do since we've been here:


The first weekend we were here there was a big worldwide yacht race that was passing through Boston, so we went out to the harbor and saw the first yacht's come in.  It was really cool to see the harbor, and we got surprisingly into the yacht race...

We drove out to Cape Cod on Mother's Day, but unfortunately didn't know where we were going so all we did was walk on this semi-cool rock path out to a tiny lighthouse, and then drive home.  Still fun though :)  L-R: Ty, Rachel, Tyler, and Kevin

It was a super windy day.  And this is how Ty decided to pose for the picture...

We took a girls trip out to a cool outdoor shopping area in downtown called Fanieul Hall one Saturday.  It's amazing how many strollers can fit on the T at one time!  Here are Rach and Alicia keeping track of their charges.  Way to go Rach being a mom to Jack for the day!  Such a natural...

All the girls that came, right after we got to Fanieul Hall.  L-R: Chelsea, Michelle, Shawna, Staci, Nicole, Katie & baby Macie, Erin & baby Ben, Alicia & baby Cohen, Vanessa & baby Chloe, Megan, Allison, Rachel, and babies Brock, Jack, and Ella
We hadn't thought about the fact that a Saturday downtown would be insanely busy, so it was pretty hectic getting everyone food and navigating everywhere with all the kids, but somehow we managed to find a table for us to all sit together at this cool food hall that had hundreds of restaurants to choose from.  L-R: Alicia, Chelsea, Rachel, Shawna, Vanessa, Nicole, Katie, Megan, Michelle, Erin, and Ben

There were some cool street performers around that we watched, and this awesome patriot was available for Rach and me to have our picture taken with!

I think we would have stayed longer and looked around if it hadn't turned out to be a Freezing day.  Here the girls are waiting for the T to come take us home...

Rach and me waiting...

The city of Boston is really cool, and I'm so excited to see more of it!  Thanks to all the girls who came, it was a really fun day!  And how precious are these two tuckered out little boys...especially the way Brock has his hand on Jack's leg...so cute!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time! I am so jealous that I don't get to be out there with you all :(

H and E said...

Man I am not going to lie I am a little jealous of all the girlfriends you have at your fingertips. Moving away is hard because you don't have all your friends when you need them, but it looks like you are well equipped! Miss you!

Scott and Chelsey said...

That city would be way cool!!! If only somehow we could all be together... it would be a blast!

Kev+Rach said...

So tommorow we're going to wear our purple shirts, black skirts and heels... How I do love to match you. Remember how I mixed a tylenol pm into the boys sippies?